Industry Groups We Service
Since 1972, BEACo has served as a pillar of the business valuation industry in Southern California, and our experts have qualified as expert witnesses in most counties' Superior Court, as well as the Federal District Court and the Federal Bankruptcy Court. We have also been appointed as the Court's own appraiser and Special Master on many contested matters, and our valuations have been affirmed on appeal by the California Appellate Court in two distinct matters.
Our firm has been stipulated to and appointed as the single appraisal expert by both sides in disputed matters. In this role, we are engaged to be the neutral and unbiased appraiser.
Unlike other appraisal and accounting firms, BEACo prepares only business valuations, not ongoing accounting services or tax return preparations. For over 40 years, our experts have determined the value of businesses and professional practices for such purposes as:
- Calif. Corporations Codes Section 2000 Appraisals
- Corporate Dissolutions
- Estimating Damages & "But For" Analysis
- Condemnation, Eminent Domain & Loss of Goodwill
- Litigation & "In Lieu of" Litigation
- S-Corp Elections
- Appraisals for Form 706 Estate Tax Filings
- Estate Planning, Gift & Income Tax
Our Representative Appraisal Assignments By Specific Industry Groups Follow:
- Family Limited Partnerships (FLPs), Discount Appraisals
- Limited Liability Companies (LLCs), Discount Appraisals
- Marital Dissolution
- Corporate Planning
- For Buyers and or Sellers
- Buy-Sell Agreements
- Employee Stock Ownership Plans (ESOPs)
- Advertising Agencies
- Aerospace, Fasteners, Computer Related & Hi-Tech Firms
- Agricultural Industry
- Apparel & Textile Manufacturers
- Architecture Design & Engineering
- Automotive, Truck & Motorcycle Dealerships; Used Vehicle Lots
- Auto Service Operations & Parts Stores
- Boating and Fishing Industry
- Clothing Manufacturers, Designers, Importers
- Communications Industry
- Construction Related Businesses
- Consulting Practices-Managerial, software-related, service personnel providers
- Distributors, Wholesalers, Jobbers & Retailers
- Entertainment Industry & Personal Goodwill
- Food, Beverage & Agricultural Industry
- Finance, Insurance Agencies & Real Estate Brokers
- Furniture Manufacturers
- Insurance Agencies & Brokers
- Intellectual Assets, Patents, Copyrights, Royalties, Other Intangibles
- Legal, Medical & Dental Practices
- Manufacturing-Durable and Non-Durable Products
- Medical Field & Health Care Businesses
- Men's & Women's Apparel Shops, Chains, Boutiques
- Mining & Production
- Petroleum Industry
- Plastics, Metal and Woodworking Industries
- Printing, Graphics & Reproduction Industries
- Professional Practices (Medical, Dental, Legal, Accounting, Psychological, Psychiatric)
- Publishing Industry including Newspapers, Newsletters, Books
- Restaurants, Cocktail Lounges & Night Clubs
- Retail Stores
- Salvage, Reclamation & Refuse Yards
- Schools-Vocational & Private
- Service & Repair
- Service Stations
- Service Related Businesses
- Supermarkets, Convenience & Food Stores, Liquor Stores
- Transportation & Trucking
Meet Our Team
Larry Grant, ASA
As founder and President of Business Enterprise Appraisal Company, Inc., Mr. Grant has provided valuation and related services to corporations, professionals, individuals, attorneys, and families in the Los Angeles community since 1959. A graduate of UCLA, Mr. Grant has appeared as an expert witness before various U.S. Federal Courts and the Superior Court of the State of California in Los Angeles, Orange, Ventura, San Diego, Santa Barbara, Kern and San Bernardino Counties and before the American Arbitration Association.
After years of association with international and regional appraisal firms, Mr. Grant founded BEACo in 1972 to serve the business needs of individuals, businesses and families. He continues to provide his expertise and appraisal services on a full-time basis.
He is a fully certified and Accredited Senior Member of the American Society of Appraisers in the specialty of Business Valuations and Urban Real Property.
Mr. Grant has addressed a number of local bar associations and a state bar convention on various valuation topics, as well as appearing as a lecturer at appraisal seminars, continuing education of the bar classes, accounting groups, and before other professional organizations. His article "The Business Appraiser" has been referenced by the legal community since 1988.
Larry is married and has two children and two grandchildren. He resides in Oxnard and Calabasas.
Ryan McDonald is a Valuation and Senior Project Manager with Business Enterprise Appraisal Company, Inc. After joining the firm, his efforts have focused on providing appraisals of privately-held corporations, for such purposes as Estate Planning and Gifting, Estate Tax and Taxation, S-Corporation Elections, Eminent Domain and Lost Profits Analysis.
Ryan obtained his Master of Business Administration (MBA) Degree from California Lutheran University in Thousand Oaks. He earned his Bachelor of Science Degree from the California State University at Northridge in Business Administration, with an emphasis in Finance.
Ryan resides in Simi Valley, California.